Coated Cookie Drops
"It's a good thing these no-bake drops are simple, because I like to serve them throughout the year," writes Amanda Reid of Oakville, Iowa. "Their moist, cake-like center and sweet coating satisfy the chocolate lover in everyone. I'm asked for the recipe time and time again."
90 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 15 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 12 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- Red and/or green candy coating disks, optional
- Place the cookies in a food processor; cover and process until finely
- crushed. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and crushed cookies
- until blended. Roll into 3/4-in. balls. Cover and refrigerate for at
- least 1 hour.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt white candy coating, stirring
- until smooth; dip half of the balls to completely coat. Melt
- chocolate candy coating and dip remaining balls. Place on waxed
- paper until hardened.
- Drizzle white candies with remaining chocolate coating and chocolate
- candies with remaining white coating. Or melt red or green coating
- and drizzle over balls. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about
- 7-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 84 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 49 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.