Clouds at Sunset
We gave a weather-themed birthday party for my brother, who constantly keeps an eye on conditions. It was fun to come up with appropriate names for some of his favorite recipes. Fluffy garlic mashed potatoes and carrots became Clouds at Sunset. They're topped with a gravy of ground beef and peas we called Pea Soup Fog for the occasion.
-Ndara Pike, Tempe, Arizona
6 ServingsPrep: 45 min. Cook: 20 min.
- Place potatoes, carrots and garlic in a saucepan; cover with water.
- bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or
- until vegetables are tender. Drain; reserving 1/2 cup cooking
- In a bowl, mash potatoes, carrots and garlic. Beat in milk, butter,
- salt and pepper until light and fluffy. Set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until