Classic Spinach Dip
In Stafford, Texas, Joyce Fogleman requests: “Everywhere I take this dip, I’m asked for the recipe. I don’t make it at home because I’m afraid that’s all I’d eat the entire day. I’d love a downsized version I could make at home.”
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup sliced water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
Rich and creamy, Hellman's® Real Mayonnaise makes your sides and sandwiches more tasty!
See More Recipes >
- 4 teaspoons vegetable soup mix
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Assorted crackers
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine spinach and water. Cover and
- microwave on high for 45-60 seconds or until wilted; drain. Cool
- slightly and squeeze dry.
- In a small bowl, combine the water chestnuts, sour cream, mayonnaise,
- soup mix, onion and spinach. Chill for at least 1 hour. Serve with
- crackers. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup (prepared with reduced-fat sour cream and reduced-fat mayonnaise; calculated without crackers) equals 83 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 292 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.