Classic Creamy Coleslaw
Classic Creamy Coleslaw was served with fried chicken for years at an auction near Martha Artyomenko's Beaver Bay, Minnesota home. "When the lady who made this tasty salad move, I contacted her to get the recipe," Martha explains." My friends and I often take this coleslaw to weddings (like the one in the photo above) and other gatherings."
30-35 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 large heads cabbage, shredded (about 48 cups)
- 3 large carrots, shredded (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons celery seed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- In several large bowls, combine the cabbage and carrots. In another
- bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir into the cabbage
- mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Toss before
- serving. Yield: 30-35 servings (about 3/4 cup each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 145 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 293 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.