Classic Chocolate Frosting
This fast, fudge-like frosting is so fantastic. It even makes cakes from a box mix taste like homemade!
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + cooling
- 1-2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a saucepan, combine confectioners' sugar and cream. Bring to a
- boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate
- until melted and smooth. Stir in vanilla. Cool until mixture is
- thickened, about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl, cream butter. Gradually beat in chocolate mixture until
- blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Yield: 1-1/2
Editor's Note: This recipe makes enough to frost 24 cupcakes or the top of a 13-inch x 9-inch cake. Recipe can be easily doubled.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 tablespoon) equals 90 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 32 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.