- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the rice, ketchup, Worcestershire
- sauce, pepper and remaining onion and salt. Crumble beef and sausage
- over mixture and mix well.
- Remove thick vein from cabbage leaves for easier rolling. Place about
- 1/2 cup meat mixture on each leaf; fold in sides. Starting at an
- unfolded edge, roll up leaf to completely enclose filling. Place
- seam side down in a skillet. Top with the sauce.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 1 hour. Add V8 juice if
- desired. Reduce heat to low; cook 20 minutes longer or until rolls
- are heated through and a thermometer inserted in the filling reads
- 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 499 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 1,845 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.