Citrusy Avocado Crab Salad
"Since my husband and I are now retired, we love to treat family and friends to favorite dishes like this refresing and attractive salad," relates Jackie Allen of Belfair, Washington. "We use local Dungeness crab and sometime substitute shrimp, which is just as nice."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- 1 pound frozen crabmeat, thawed, flaked and cartilage remove or 2-1/2 cups flaked imitation crabmeat
- 2 ripe California Avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained and halved
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a bowl, combine sour cream and orange juice concentrate until
- smooth. Add enough milk to reach desired consistency. Cover and
- refrigerate until serving.
- On a serving platter, arrange greens, crab, avocados, fruit and eggs.
- Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 285 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 156 mg cholesterol, 219 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 18 g protein.