"I found this healthy wassail recipe in a cookbook," writes Julie Williquette of Hartselle, Alabama. "My daughter first prepared it to go with our day-after-Thanksgiving leftovers meal, and everyone loved it!"
13 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a Dutch oven, combine all of the ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes. Serve warm.
- Yield: 13 servings (about 3 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 128 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 fruit.