Citrus-Spice Glazed Salmon
Got 5 minutes? Then you’ve got the time to get these fillets into the oven. They’re perfect for entertaining, yet simple enough for family weeknight dinners. —Karen Latimer, Winnipeg, Manitoba
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Line a baking sheet with foil; grease foil. Place salmon on the
- baking sheet.
- Place marmalade in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 10
- seconds or until warmed. Stir in the soy sauce, five-spice powder,
- salt and ginger. Spoon over salmon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 fillet equals 291 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.