My husband and I like to eat seafood at least once a week. Oranges and lemon juice give scallops a refreshing burst of flavor.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium green or sweet red pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 4 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked rice or pasta
- In a large skillet, saute the pepper, onions and garlic in oil for 1
- minute. Add scallops, salt and pepper flakes; cook for 4 minutes.
- Add lime juice and peel; cook for 1 minute. Reduce heat. Add orange
- sections and cilantro; cook 2 minutes longer or until scallops are
- opaque. Serve with rice or pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 pound scallops (calculated without rice or pasta) equals 240 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 482 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon