Citrus Rice Pilaf
Food doesn't have to be made from scratch to have great homemade flavor. Here packaged rice mix gets added flair from crunchy snow peas and water chestnuts.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (6.9 ounces) chicken-flavored rice and vermicelli mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-3/4 cups water
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 to 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute rice mix in butter until golden brown. Stir
- in water and contents of rice seasoning packet. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in peas, water
- chestnuts, marmalade and pepper. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or
- until rice and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 284 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 767 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.