Citrus Melon Mingle
This refreshing fruit salad was shared by Doris Heath of Franklin, North Carolina. A hint of mint, honey and ginger adds subtle flavor to the sweet combination of melons, grapefruit, oranges, pineapple and bananas.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 1-1/2 cups cubed honeydew
- 2 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until
- serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 125 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.