Citrus Green Beans
The great citrus flavor in this side dish really perks up green beans. Try using lemon peel, or a combination of orange and lemon, too.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Dash salt and pepper
- Place green beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over
- 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or
- until crisp-tender.
- Transfer beans to a small bowl. Add the oil, peel, salt and pepper;
- toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 44 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.