Citrus Fruit Dip
MY HUSBAND'S Aunt Marilyn gave me this recipe years ago. I have tasted a lot of fruit dips, but this is the best, especially when all the fresh summer fruit is available.
I also have doubled the recipe and used it as a delicious filling between lemon or orange cake layers.
-Jane Mason, Galesburg, Illinois
14 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2-1/4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and flour. Stir in egg and
- juices. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is thickened and
- reaches 160°. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Just before
- serving, fold in whipped topping. Serve with fruit. Yield: 1-3/4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 45 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.