Citrus Fruit Cup
Try this tart and tasty salad for a refreshing midwinter lift. "I love to prepare pretty dishes, and this salad is fancy, fast and almost sweet enough to be a dessert," says Mary Ann Marino of West Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium pink grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- In a saucepan, heat sugar and water over low heat until sugar is
- dissolved. Stir in the lime peel. Gradually whisk in oil. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. In a bowl,
- combine the grapefruit and orange sections. Pour the dressing over
- fruit; cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 182 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.