“Wolverine John, one of my TOH Recipe Forum E-friends, shared the original recipe for this easy fish entree. The sauce is delicious, and cleanup’s a breeze.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds haddock, cod or halibut fillets
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- Place an 18-in. x 12-in. piece of heavy-duty foil on a large baking
- sheet. Arrange fillets in a single layer on foil; sprinkle with salt
- and pepper. Top with onion, parsley, and lemon and orange peel.
- Drizzle with oil. Top with a second large piece of foil. Bring edges
- of foil together; crimp to seal, forming a large packet.
- Bake at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a
- fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 5 ounces cooked fish equals 208 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 193 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.