Citrus Apple Crisp
From Amite, Louisiana, Audrey Lanier sends this smaller-sized crisp that is sure to disappear as quickly at your home as it does at hers. "We like it served warm with a little cream or a scoop of ice cream," she explains.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 3 large)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup granola cereal with nuts
- In a bowl toss the apples and lemon juice. Add the raisins,
- marmalade, flour and cinnamon; stir to combine. Transfer to a
- greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with granola. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly.
- Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings,.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 228 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.