Circus Peanut Gelatin
Circus Peanuts were one of the most talked-about candies in my hometown's old-fashioned candy shop. When I saw this gelatin recipe that called for Circus Peanuts, I knew just where to buy them and tried the recipe. Kids love its cool fruity taste, and older folks enjoy the trip down memory lane.
-Ruthanne Mengel, Demotte, Indiana
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 44 circus peanut candies, divided
- 1 cup boiling water, divided
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple in 100% Pineapple Juice, undrained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Cut 32 candies into small pieces; place in a microwave-safe bowl. Add
- 1/4 cup of boiling water. Cover and microwave on high for 45
- seconds; stir. Microwave 45 seconds longer. Stir until smooth. In a
- large bowl, dissolve gelatin in remaining boiling water. Stir in
- candy mixture and pineapple. Refrigerate until partially set.
- Fold in whipped topping. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with
- cooking spray. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares; top each
- square with a circus peanut. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 189 calories, 3 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.