Cinnamon-Sugar Mini Muffins
These delightful little muffins are rich and buttery. You can also make them in regular-sized muffin tins...just bake a little longer.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Melted butter and cinnamon-sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg. Beat in milk. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and
- nutmeg; add to creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Fill greased miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350°
- for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to
- wire racks. Dip muffins in melted butter, then roll in
- cinnamon-sugar. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 144 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.