Cinnamon-Sugar Crackle Cookies
I get lots of compliments on these crunchy cookies. They're always part of my Christmas cookie platter.
48 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and 1-1/2 cups sugar until light
- and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
- addition. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt;
- gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and chill for
- 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; set aside.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in cinnamon-sugar. Place 2 in.
- apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for
- 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 95 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.