Cinnamon Stir Sticks
Our home economists use cinnamon sticks as holders for cute little lollipops that can be enjoyed alone or stirred into cider.
30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon oil
- 30 cinnamon sticks (5 inches)
- Using a pencil, draw ten 2-in. ovals on three sheets of parchment
- paper. Place paper, pencil mark side down, on baking sheets; chill
- until ready to use.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, water, corn syrup and
- cream of tartar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is
- dissolved. Bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring, until a candy
- thermometer reads 325° or mixture is a golden amber color.
- Remove from the heat; stir in oil (keep face away from mixture as oil
- is very strong). Immediately ladle mixture over ovals; press a
- cinnamon stick into each. Cool completely. Store in an airtight
- container for up to 1 month. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 lollipop equals 60 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.