This simple breakfast is my favorite on cool mornings. I especially like the fact that it's easy to prepare.Rita Winterberger, Huson, Montana
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup Grape-Nuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- Heavy whipping cream or additional milk, optional
- In a microwave-safe cereal bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Serve with cream or milk if
- desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared with fat-free milk and 1 teaspoon brown sugar) equals 395 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 325 mg sodium, 83 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 fruit, 1 fat-free milk.