With a cinnamon-sugar coating, this recipe turns popcorn into a sweet treat that moviegoers are sure to reward with thumbs-up approval. Oven baking keeps the unique popcorn crisp.
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake:30 min. + cooling
- 2 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place popcorn in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. In a
- small bowl, beat the egg white, sugar, orange peel, cinnamon and
- salt until well blended.
- Pour over popcorn; toss to coat. Bake at 300° for 30-35 minutes,
- stirring once. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 2 quarts.