Cinnamon Peach Enchiladas
These sweet enchiladas from Irene Glembotskaya of Brooklyn, New York are a pleasant change from traditional peach pie--and a whole lot easier. Simply fill warmed tortillas with a cinnamon-peach mixture, then wait for the compliments.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, sugar and cinnamon; let stand
- for 5 minutes. Spritz tortillas with butter-flavored spray.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook tortillas over medium heat until warmed
- and lightly browned on both sides. Fill each with about 3/4 cup
- peaches and roll up. Cut in half to serve. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 enchilada equals 143 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.