Cinnamon Pastry Wedges
Pie crust is turned into a treat of its own in this simple recipe from Debra Benjamin of New Plymouth, Idaho. She notes, "Kids of all ages love these delightfully seasoned flaky wedges."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Divide pastry in half and roll each half into a 10-in. circle.
- Transfer to two ungreased 12-in. pizza pans. Using a pizza cutter or
- sharp knife, score pastry into wedges (do not cut through). Brush
- one pastry with butter and the other with honey. Combine the sugar
- and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Combine pecans and
- remaining cinnamon; sprinkle over honey. Bake at 350° for 15-18
- minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Cut along scored
- lines; immediately remove from pan. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 205 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.