Cinnamon Nut Filling
I love to combine this recipe with a sweet dough to make a coffee cake to serve to company.Jenny Reece, Lowry, Minnesota
12-14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon. Use for
- Braided Coffee Cake or Coffee Cake Ring. Spread butter over dough;
- sprinkle with sugar mixture. Yield: about 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 71 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.