"These mini muffins are wonderful with a bowl of fresh fruit for breakfast or anytime," relates Bonni Larson of New Berlin, Wisconsin.
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg
- and allspice. Combine the egg, milk and butter; mix well. Stir into
- dry ingredients just until moistened. Spoon into greased or
- paper-lined mini muffin cups. Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or
- until muffins test done. For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Brush the tops of warm muffins with butter; sprinkle with
- cinnamon-sugar. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 96 calories, (0 saturated fat), 128 mg sodium, 9 mg cholesterol, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g protein, 5 g fat.