This is the perfect topper for any ice cream treat at the end of a meal. The sweetness of the peanuts will enhance the flavor the ice cream.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
7 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 can (12 ounces) salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place peanuts in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. disposable foil pan.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Drizzle with honey and dot
- with butter.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring
- occasionally, or until sugar is bubbly and peanuts are golden brown.
- Remove from the grill; stir in vanilla.
- Transfer to waxed paper to cool completely. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/3 cup equals 392 calories, 29 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 251 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 13 g protein.