Cinnamon Crunch Triangles
Adding a little sugar and spice to yuletide is as easy as this recipe. For delivery, wrap the treats in red and green cellophane and stack in a tin or a trimmed-up gift bag.
30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 12 whole cinnamon graham crackers
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Arrange graham crackers in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking
- pan; sprinkle with walnuts.
- In a saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cook and
- stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Continue
- cooking, without stirring, for 3 minutes. Slowly pour over crackers.
- Bake at 400° for 8-9 minutes or until edges are browned. Cool
- completely. Cut into 2-in. squares, then cut each square in half to
- form triangles. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 5
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 146 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.