Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Paired with a hot cup of java, this cute coffee cake, courtesy of Alice Wrisley of Mohawk, New York, will shine as bright as the sunrise.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups Quick Baking Mix (recipe also found in Recipe Finder)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold butter
- In a small bowl, combine baking mix and sugar. In another bowl, whisk
- egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Spread
- into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. In another
- bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter
- until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 351 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 402 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.