Cinnamon Caramel Apples
Our Test Kitchen staff used cinnamon and chocolate to give a fun and tasty twist to traditional caramel apples. Rolled in nuts, coconut or colorful candies, they'll delight kids of all ages.
8 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + standing
- 2 packages (14 ounces each) caramels
- 3 tablespoons milk chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 Popsicle sticks
- 8 large tart apples
- Chocolate-covered toffee bits, finely chopped salted peanuts and cashews, flaked coconut, M&M's miniature baking bits and/or chocolate sprinkles
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the caramels, chocolate chips,
- water, cinnamon and vanilla. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2
- minutes; stir. Microwave 30-60 seconds longer or until caramels are
- Insert Popsicle sticks into the apples; dip into caramel mixture,
- turning to coat. Roll in or press on desired toppings. Place on
- waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (calculated without toffee bits, nuts, coconut, baking bits or sprinkles) equals 526 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 246 mg sodium, 111 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 5 g protein.