Cinnamon Berry Cider
When the weather is gray and cold, put a warm mug of this drink into mittened hands and watch little faces thaw into smiles. One tester noted, “It tastes like the holidays with a twist.” —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups berry juice blend
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 8 orange slices
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- Dash ground nutmeg
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil over
- medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Discard
- cinnamon sticks. Ladle into mugs. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 106 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 fruit.