- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, roll into a 16-in.
- circle; place on a greased baking sheet (circle with be larger than
- the baking sheet). Place a glass in the center of dough. Brush dough
- with melted butter. Combine the sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over
- butter. Cut from the glass to the outside edge, forming 16 wedges.
- Remove glass.
- Place one slice over the top of the next slice, cinnamon-sugar sides
- together; pinch edges to seal. Continue around circle until there
- are eight strips. Twist each strip four to five times. Loop to the
- center to make daisy petals. Cut off one roll to place in the
- center. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Beat egg yolk and water; brush over ring. Bake at 375° for 15-20
- minutes. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Top with preserves.
- Drizzle with Vanilla Glaze. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 1 ring
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 202 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.