Cinnamon Apple Tart
“I got the idea for this delicious fall dessert from a lovely Italian woman who’s also a fabulous cook,” writes Stacie Blemings from Califon, New Jersey. “It’s so simple to make—and cleanup is just as easy! I often make two and freeze one. It’s great at brunch alongside eggs and bacon.”
STACIE’S TIP: For some tasty variations, try strawberry jam and walnuts and skip the icing. Or add extra cinnam
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- In a small bowl, toss apple with lemon juice; set aside. On a lightly
- floured surface, roll pastry into a 14-in. circle. Transfer to a
- parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Spread jelly to within 2 in. of
- edges. Sprinkle with apple mixture, sugar, baking chips and almonds.
- Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered.
- Brush folded pastry with milk.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Use
- parchment paper to slide tart onto a wire rack to cool. In a small
- bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, extract and enough milk to
- achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over tart. Yield: 6 servings.