Cinnamon-Apple Pork Chops
I found this recipe online years ago and it quickly became a favorite. The ingredients are easy to keep on hand and it's great in hot weather because it goes together quickly, without turning on the oven. One-pan cleanup is a bonus. —Christina Price, Wheeling, West Virginia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium tart apples, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook pork chops in 1 tablespoon
- butter for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer
- reads 160°. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar,
- cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Remove chops and keep warm. Add the apples, pecans, brown sugar
- mixture and remaining butter to the pan; cook and stir until apples
- are tender. Serve with chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 pork chop with 2/3 cup apples equals 316 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 232 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.