Cilantro Blue Cheese Slaw
“Serve this slaw as a side dish to any meal, or use it to top your favorite fish taco recipe instead of lettuce and the usual toppings.” Christi Dalton — Hartsville, Tennessee
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, onion, cilantro and jalapeno.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over salad
- and toss to coat.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 63 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 362 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,