To make your preparation time quicker, use packaged shredded carrots. Simply place all of the ingredients in the skillet and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover and cook for 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups julienned fresh carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- In a large skillet, saute carrots in butter for 5 minutes. Add brown
- sugar. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the cider, water and mustard. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until carrots are
- crisp-tender. Uncover and cook 3 minutes longer. Stir to coat
- carrots with the glaze. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 119 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.