When you're looking for a dip with a difference, try this tangy blend from Zelda D Hoedt of Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Made with yogurt and a healthy dash of curry, this dip goes great with all kinds of veggies.
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chutney
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 medium green pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, chutney, onions and curry
- powder. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cut top off green pepper; remove seeds and membrane. Fill with dip.
- Serve with vegetables. Yield: about 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts: 3 tablespoons dip equals 37 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 reduced-fat milk.