After enjoying this coleslaw for years at many church functions, I finally asked for the recipe. It can be put together in no time, so it's perfect for last-minute guests.
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 celery rib, shredded
- Place the first six ingredients in a blender or food processor. Cover
- and process on high until the sugar is dissolved, about 30 seconds.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, celery and dressing; toss
- to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 217 calories, 18 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 372 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.