Chunky Mushroom and Tomato Salad
We have family get-togethers frequently throughout the year, and I'm always looking for a new dish to take along. This super salad has become my trademark.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add mushrooms; toss to coat. Chill for at least 1 hour. Just before
- serving, stir in tomatoes and chives; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 124 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.