Chunky Cinnamon Applesauce
As a young girl, I was amazed when Mom transformed fresh apples into this delightful, lovely mixture. I'm not sure if I liked it so much because it was made with candies or because it tasted wonderful.
-Barbara Hyatt, Folsom, California
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 8 medium tart apples, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red-hot candies
- Place apples and water in a 5-qt. saucepan. Cover and cook over
- medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Mash until sauce is desired consistency. Add sugar and candies. Cook,
- uncovered, until sugar and candies are dissolved; stirring
- frequently. Remove from the heat; cool. Refrigerate until serving.
- Yield: 6 cups.