"My mother game me the recipe for this warm and cinnamony apple dish," recalls Lisa Roessner of Ft. Recovery, Ohio. "Simmering it in a slow cooker fills the house with a wonderful aroma. You can also serve it with cream for dessert," Lisa suggests
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 8 to 10 large tart apples, peeled and cut into chunks
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 to 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine apples, sugar, water and cinnamon in a 3-qt. slow cooker;
- stir gently. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until apples are
- tender. Yield: 5 cups.
Nutrition Facts: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar) equals 93 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fruit, 1 meat.