This sweet applesauce almost tastes like apple pie without the crust! My family can't resist digging into this side dish at dinnertime.
28 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 30 medium tart apples, peeled and quartered (about 11 pounds)
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 8 teaspoons sugar
- Place apples and water in a large kettle. Cover and cook over
- medium-low heat for 30-40 minutes or until apples are tender; remove
- from the heat. Using a potato masher, mash apples to desired
- consistency. Stir in cinnamon and sweetener. Serve warm or cold.
- Yield: 14 cups.
Nutrition Facts: One 1/2-cup serving equals 103 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.