Chuck Wagon Chili
While planning my Christmas menu a few years ago, I came across this recipe. I decided to try it and was showered with compliments. This chunky chili has been a much-requested dish ever since.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 6 hot dogs, halved and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until thick and bubbly. Yield:
- 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 339 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 1,142 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 24 g protein.