This soft cookie made from a cake mix bakes up in minutes. And kids will enjoy adding the simple decorations. Sounds like the perfect Easter treat! —Taste of Home Food Styling Team
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 5 min./batch + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 15 drops red food coloring
- 16 red gumdrops
- 32 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs and water; beat on low
- speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Reserve 1 cup
- batter. To remaining batter, stir in food coloring. Cut a 1/4-in.
- hole at the corner of two food-safe plastic bags; fill one with pink
- batter and one with plain batter.
- Using pink batter, pipe a 4-in. x 2-in. oval ring onto a greased
- baking sheet for bunny face. Pipe two ovals for ears. Using plain
- batter, pipe centers for ears and cheeks for face. Pipe additional
- pink batter to completely fill ears and face. Repeat with remaining
- Trim off bottom ends of gumdrops; use rounded tops for noses. Add
- chocolate chips for eyes. Bake at 375° for 4-6 minutes or until
- set. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool. Store
- in an airtight container. Yield: 16 bunnies.