Christmas Party Pinwheels
'Tis the season for easy make-ahead appetizers like these. They look so special and pretty that folks can't resist them! The refreshing flavor of ranch dressing and crisp colorful vegetables makes these pinwheels a pleasure to serve. Janis Plourde, Smooth Rock Falls, Ontario
15-20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (.4 ounces) ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 cup minced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 3 to 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and dressing mix until smooth. Add red
- pepper, celery, onions and olives; mix well. Spread about 3/4 cup on
- each tortilla. Roll up tightly; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate
- for at least 2 hours. Cut into 1/2-in. slices. Yield: 15-20
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (4 each) equals 80 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.