Christmas Mice Cookies
“These whimsical little mice taste like truffles and have been a family favorite for 15 years. We so enjoy the smiles and laughs they always get! Every Christmas, we make sure to have enough for friends, neighbors and get-togethers.” Deborah Zabor - Fort Erie, Ontario
18 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs, divided
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 36 red nonpareils
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 18 pieces black shoestring licorice (2 inches each)
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in 1
- cup crumbs and sour cream. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until
- easy to handle.
- For each mouse, roll about 1 tablespoon chocolate mixture into a
- ball, tapering one end to resemble a mouse. Roll in remaining
- chocolate crumbs to coat. Position nonpareils for eyes, almond
- slices for ears and licorice pieces for tails.
- Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 135 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.