Christmas Cranberry Salad
You might find that this yummy gelatin salad is one side dish pretty enough to steal top billing! It's cool, crunchy and refreshing and adds a splash of Christmas color to any table. Garnish with lettuce, orange slices and sugared cranberries.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange or lemon gelatin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine cranberries and sugar; set aside. In a large
- bowl, dissolve gelatin and salt in boiling water. Stir in the cold
- water, lemon juice, cinnamon and cloves. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Stir in the orange, almonds and cranberry mixture. Pour into a 6-cup
- ring mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4
- hours or until set. Invert onto a lettuce-lined serving plate.
- Yield: 12 servings.