Bourbon adds bite to this holiday standby, packed in a small heavy-duty glass storage container with a tight-fitting lid. Wrap in a vintage tea towel or cloth napkin, cinch with ribbon and adorn with small ornaments. —Becky Jo Smith, Kettle Falls, Washington
32 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Process: 15 min.
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar, orange juice and
- bourbon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 18-22
- minutes or until berries pop and mixture has thickened.
- Stir in vanilla and orange peel. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot
- half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe
- rims and adjust lids. Process for 15 minutes in a boiling-water
- canner. Yield: 4 half-pints.
Nutrition Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 54 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.