- Using a straw, make a hole in the top of each cookie. Remove the
- center circle of dough. Bake the cookies at 350° for 6 minutes
- until the edges are lightly browned. Remove the cookies to wire
- racks to cool.
- For frosting, combine the confectioners' sugar, water, corn syrup and
- vanilla. Beat until smooth. Tint the frosting with liquid or paste
- food coloring in desired colors.
- Place each color of frosting in a pastry or plastic bag. Cut a small
- hole in the tip of each bag. Spread and pipe frosting onto cookies
- as desired.
- If desired, create stitch marks on a stocking or veins on holly
- leaves by dipping a toothpick in food coloring and painting on the
- For hanging loops, cut forty 8-in. strips of 1/8-in.-wide ribbon.
- Thread a ribbon strip through the hole in each cookie and tie the
- ends into a bow. Yield: 40(3-inch) cookies.
Crafter thoughts: To help give your frosting a smooth look, work quickly when spreading it on the cookies. Write a name on each treat by painting the letters with a toothpick dipped in food coloring or by piping them using plain or tinted frosting. Then serve the cookies after a holiday meal.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 176 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.